We are currently seeking candidates for a full-time position based in our Surrey office, but project work will be throughout BC.
This position involves providing technical support to staff at various locations as a member of KDI’s team. KDI technicians monitor and maintain company and client computer and network systems, install and configure hardware and software, and solve IT-based technical problems.
This position will be responsible for the smooth running of computers systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• installation and configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications
• monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• communicating with staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• troubleshooting system problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• ability to lift and set-up computer and peripheral equipment
• provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
• test and evaluate new technology
• improve the quality and efficiency of our systems
Qualifications include minimum completion of a 1-year certificate program in a computer sciences or related discipline at a technical institute.
Minimum 1-year IT Help Desk/Support experience as well as some customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Any Microsoft certifications and programming knowledge would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to show evidence of the following:
• self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently
• prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
• excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• problem solving skills
• demonstrate a commitment to high quality, client service and excellent communication and organizational skills
• attention to detail
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified and would like to apply please email hr(at)kdi.ca